We have an immediate opening for an entry level position of General Labourer. You must have the ability to work with hand tools and be willing to learn different areas in the shop with the potential of helping out wherever needed. You will be responsible for general housekeeping, prepping materials for the senior fabricators and other duties as required.
- Assist in the preparation of custom metal fabrications and welds.
- Shape letter walls for channel letters.
- Trim cap boxes and channel letters.
- General housekeeping of shop
- Record and Present ideas to improve production efficiency to Production Supervisor.
- Prepare paint items as necessary.
- Shape, cut and sand letters when required.
- Work with repetition where once set-up, a system can be followed to maximize production speed.
- Planning time before starting day/project to ensure jobs are prioritized based on production supervisor’s requirements.
- Report unsafe working conditions when identified.
- Work in compliance with all health and safety policies in accordance with the OHSA.
- Report any contravention of the OHSA or the regulations or the existence of any hazard of which you know of.
- Some College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Sign manufacturing experience an asset
- Forklift certification an asset
- Cut, shape and fit materials to form parts and components, screw, clip, glue, bond, weld or otherwise assemble parts and components to form final products, sand trim, grind or clean products into final form using hand tools
- Speak English, read English, write English
People who do well at Twilight are confident, accountable and motivated to learn and grow. We like team members who aren’t afraid to ask questions, are friendly and positive, and who approach everything with an “everything is possible” mindset.
If this sounds like you, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Twilight welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only applicants selected to be interviewed, will be contacted.